Fear Writers Workshop

Authors Note: This is a short story that I wrote in class I hope you enjoy reading it!

August third, 1972

I can’t sleep like this kris thought to himself. His room was dark, and he thought he could see things moving across his walls, they were faces but they looked uncanny like they were human faces but not real, not alive.

His heart was pounding, he needed to see, he needed to look around his room in the light to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. He reached toward his bedside lamp and flicked it on. Nothing, no faces, nothing was on his walls except his posters and pictures. “Do you know us?” he jumped out of his bed and ran across the room to the wall facing his bed. “You never know what’s in the dark” the voice was coming under his bed, it sounded like putting a fork to a plate and hearing it screech. Suddenly a white long clawed hand reached out from under his bed and stretched unnaturally towards him. “I will make you see.”

August 2nd, 1978

“You can’t keep avoiding tomorrow you know.” Ethen said. “I’m not, okay? I just don’t like to think about it that’s all.” Ethan’s mom replied, they were at the table making eggs. “You know we haven’t gone into his room since the investigation” at this point Ethan’s mom had stopped flipping the eggs and was just staring at him. “I have told you not to ask about going into his room anymore.” Her tone started to shift from calm to passive aggressive. “What if there is a clue to where he is in there.” He spoke. “Whatever I am sick of telling you not to go in there if you really want to, I give you permission”

Ethan went upstairs and opened the door to his brother’s room.

The first thing he noticed about the room was that a thick layer of dust was covering everything, I mean it made sense since it had been eight years since anyone had entered it. He walked around the room not noticing anything he hadn’t noticed about it eight years ago. He was about to give up when he saw something out of the corner of his eye, blood.

It was a little drop just beside his brother’s bed. He knelt beside it and started to look around more. He took a towel and started wiping the walls with it the dust shifted off the wall and into the towel. More blood, it was everywhere, on his walls, on his bed, and on his ceiling. Something he couldn’t understand was how? The blood couldn’t have been over a day old and somehow it was covered in thick layers of dust. He knelt onto the floor and stared under the bed. He saw eyes gleaming under the bed looking at him. “Run.” The figure jumped out from him bed and started towards Ethan.

Ethan inched towards the wall, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, it looked unreal, the figure was to tall to be human it had a slim white body and long claws. Ethan ran to the door and pulled it open, there was nothing past the door except a void of stars and silhouettes of faces floating through the darkness.

“You can’t get away from me that easily” the figure mumbled as he walked towards Ethan. “Who or what are you?” Ethan mumbled. He had nowhere to go and no where to hide, he inched over to his door and jumped out of it. The last thing he heard before the darkness of the void engulfed him was his brothers name, Kris.

THE END.